This morning at breakfast:
Little One: "Whatcha got in there, mamma? This a nut?"
C: "Yes, it is. Don't get too close."
Little One: "What his name this kin-da nut?"
C: "It's an almond."
LO: "Oooh. A all-mon. I can't have this, mommy?"
C: "No, Little One. I'm sorry, but you can't have it. It is a nut."
LO (hopefully): "I can han have this when I grow up bigger mommy!"
C(as brightly as possible): "I sure hope so!"
LO (downcast): "I can't try this all-mon now. I'm still jus' too wittle."
C: "Well, that's true. But you can eat lots of other yummy things. And you are growing! You're getting bigger all the time! If you eat your good food and drink your milk, you'll just keep growing and growing!"
LO (cheered): "Thas' right mommy! I can eat my good breakfast! I can grow tall like the wall, and then I can sometime get all growed up, maybe eat a nut!"
I hope so. The odds are not good, that She will be able to eat nuts or grow as tall as the wall. But then again, odds are really just a benchmark, right? Something to give us a tangible and finite goal. To surpass.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments from the Peanut Gallery go here: Let's hear it, Peanuts!