
If you know about all this pregnancy stuff, you know the term "drop". I had no idea what this was until recently, but there is a point- generally when you are so pregnant that you can barely breathe and your kid is smooshed and sticking various appendages up under your ribs like a midieval torture device- where the baby does a headstand and 'drops' down low. This is great because now you can breathe again, and even when baby stretches, generally the ribs are pretty safe. It is also great because it means that baby is getting ready to get the heck out of the belly. Or it is supposed to mean that.
Supposed to. This is why, nearly a month ago, I got all excited when the doctor said "oooh she's already dropped- she might come early!" Yay! Early! So I have rushed around like a crazy person getting all ready (see last post) and....nada. Little One is, apparently, perfectly happy in there, and probably just was tired of me poking her back when she kicked me in the lungs. I have to admit that at times, I have recently wished I could issue an eviction notice. This wish often occurs at around 4 am, after the 6th or so trek to the bathroom. Also when I see tiny pink shoes with no tiny pink feet in them.
But, technically, I think eviction notices are void before the actual due date. So I am trying to enjoy these last few days (I am sticking to days here, positive thinking) of calm. I'm sleeping in and taking naps, and eating ice cream and doing little things around the house that might not get done again for a long, long time. And I'm doing a little thinking on becoming a mom and all that stuff, and trying to appreciate the kicks and squirms that will never be the same once she's on This Side. I have to admit it's probably a good thing to have had the time to finish getting ready, and to rest awhile. Besides, as J says, it just may happen that I rush her on out and then she screams all night and I'll want her to get back in again!
I guess Little One just wants me to know that she is, in fact, related to me and therefore not going to show up early for anything. And since she is after all putting th finishing touches on her brain, rather than just her outfit, I guess i can be a little more understanding. For now.
I love your "blog". Thanks for sharing it with me! I am so excited for you and John. She will be here in a few days! :)
ReplyDeleteLove and Kisses
Aunt J